PAGES

bigger pieces.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I finally made a couple of the larger, more necessary purchases for the nursery. I was hesitant to buy anything until I actually saw the room and knew what would and would not fit. Luckily, Baby Bryant's room is larger than I had expected so what I had previously envisioned will work in the given space.

I will start with the "battle of the dresser" dilemma. I knew for a fact that I did not want to buy a changing table. In my opinion, a dresser is much more practical. It will take our boy from infanthood to adulthood saving us money down the road. With that decision made, we had to decide on the size. Of course, I wanted a large 6-drawer dresser. Again, it's more practical. However, the bigger the dresser, the more money the dresser. Duh. In order to stay within our budget, we were forced to start looking at 3-drawer chests. I went to Tricia's Treasures with my mom-in-law and we picked out three that were too cute and in our price range. But, for some reason, I couldn't commit. I kept going back to the 6-drawer dresser...

After searching high and low for a 6-drawer in our budget I came across this oyster:
With my creative juices flowing, I knew that, with the help of John, I could morph it into a beautiful pearl. Not to mention, the price tag of $149.00 is close to impossible to beat. But, here's the kicker: it is an in-store purchase only.

I contacted the Ikea in Atlanta and wouldn't you know...they were out of stock. Figures. I gave them my email to notify me when it would be restocked and a week later it popped up in my inbox saying that there were 12 available. My sweet brother, Andrew, offered to help me out and head down to Atlantic Station to pick it up. He wasn't able to go until a couple of days later, but after a quick check to the availability status, the website said that they still had 9 left. Yeah. The website lied. He called me when he left the "zoo" as he so affectionately calls it and said that they were sold out. UNREAL. And a wasted trip for brother. Sorry, Drew. He told me that they would be getting another shipment in soon so after waiting another week I decided to call and BOOM, they were back in stock. My brother must love me and his nephew because he made another trip to the store for me and this time he didn't leave empty handed.

I won't be able to get my hands on it until this weekend when my mom comes for my baby shower, but what's a few more days?! I can't wait to document the transformation and reveal the finished product!

The crib probably should have been the next purchase, but we are still in search for one. The one that I had my heart set is an online purchase only and wouldn't you know, they were out of stock too and probably won't be restocking. I should have jumped on it when I had the chance, but that's life. It just wasn't meant to be!

So, onto our biggest splurge: the glider. Like the dresser, I wanted something that would grow with Baby Bryant. There are hundreds of gliders out there and most are hundreds of dollars. This was hard to swallow, especially for John.

"You want to spend how much on a chair?!" Men. They have no clue.

Due to the fact that I have done a great job saving and finding the best deals on other items for the nursery, I decided that the glider would be the one thing that I would shell out a good bit of money for. The crib is where peanut will be spending most of his time, but the glider is where I will be spending the most of my time. Er, at least this was my argument with John...

So, we bit the bullet and are awaiting the arrival of this looker:


I'm feeling good with the progress made and am happy that we are inching closer to having the nursery complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code