PAGES

over the river.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

...and through the woods to Nanie and Pop Pops' house we go went.

Hunting season has begun, my friends, and last weekend John went to Kentucky (for the third time already this year) to attempt to slay some deer. So instead of staying home with the babe, we went to Atlanta for a fun weekend of shopping and quality time with my parents.

Brooks and I left early Friday morning and when we got into town we ate and Brooks napped. When he woke up mom and I loaded him up and drove down to Atlantic Station to hit up IKEA. My first time ever...can you believe it?! I snagged some fun finds for the new house—pillow inserts, picture frames, a basket, and the cutest little hanging buckets for the laundry room. Oh, and wrapping paper. And mom bought Brooks some adorable wooden toys for his birthday and Christmas.

We called it an early night...after a tubby in the sink, of course.


On Saturday morning, mom, dad, Brooks, and I geared up for some rummaging at Scott Antique Market. We arrived around 10:00 in the morning and didn't get home until 4:30 in the afternoon. It was a long, yet successful, day. I found some great pieces for the new house. Actually, I found too many pieces for the new house. Most of it wouldn't fit in my car so John and I are going to have to tote the rest back at Thanksgiving. Here are some fun finds—some of which may or may not have gone home with me :)



Brooks adapted well to a day on the go. One with no naps. There was just too much for him to do and see! He especially enjoyed the shuttle to and from the North and South buildings.


It's no surprise he didn't last long on the ride home.


Here are a few other shots of our weekend at home:

Cars and trucks! His favorite.


Chillin' with Pop Pops and chewing on his watch.
And while John didn't see much this weekend, he sure did have fun in his element.




We were excited to come home to this goof on Sunday!

Oh, and 3 more days until we close on our house! I cannot wait to start the renovations!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love all your finds! I was THIS close to going to Scotts this weekend, but am going to wait until we move too! I love the set of chairs you got, those are exactly what I am looking for! Cant wait to see renovations on your house! HGTV stays on at our house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leighton! The chairs were a steal...I bought 3 of them for about $2K less than what I would have spent shopping around here. They are great quality too. He said that they come every month, so at some point you need to go and check them out. Can't wait to share the renovations!

      Delete
  2. Random ?, what kind of camera do you for all the pretty pics you take on your blog? I don't want to start a photography business, but I do want an affordable that can take great pictures... Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a Nikon D300 with a 17-50 mm lens for most pics. The 300S body is probably out of your price range if you are just looking for an everyday (unless you look for a used one). You can check out the Canon Rebel or Nikon D3100, which are both entry level. Good luck!

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code