PAGES

lots.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What a weekend! It was a weekend with lots to celebrate and was lots of fun. 


Friday morning John and I closed on our new house! We are officially homeowners and it feels oh.so.good. Renovations are underway—I really need to get over to the house to snap some "before" pictures so you can follow along. It is going to take about 4.5-5 weeks until our kitchen cabinets will be ready to install, so we aren't able to move in anytime soon. We are hoping to be moved by the beginning of December. Brooks' first birthday is John's our deadline!

On Saturday, John competed in his first ever Irontribe (crossfit) competition and WON! I am so proud of him. Brooks and I were only able to catch one of the three workouts due to the rainy, muggy, cold weather. Hopefully the weather will cooperate at his next competition so little JB and I can cheer him on from start to finish. 



Sunday was John's mom's birthday! Lea and Bradley had the family over for lunch to celebrate and fellowship. We are incredibly thankful for Shug and love and appreciate her so much. After lunch John and I took Brooks to the pumpkin patch at Old Baker Farm. Pops tagged along too. We had a blast! This place was amazing and the weather could not have been more perfect. We took Brooks through the corn maze, watched the big kids jump around in the cotton pit, petted goats, calves, pigs, sheep, and mules, and went on a hayride. I probably took way too many pictures to document Brooks' first trip to the patch. But, when you combine babies and pumpkins there is too much cuteness to handle!






























































Have I mentioned that I love Fall? Perfection.

6 comments:

  1. He is so cute, Lauren! I can't wait to see your before and after pics of the house. I know it will look great!! I just started crossfit (eek). I can't walk. Probably not the best time to start when I'm trying to move. You should do it with me! :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Katie! We need to get together for a play date soon. Brooks will be beside himself playing with three beauts. You are a brave woman for doing crossfit! John has tried to get me to do it, but I think I'll stick with going on walks with Brooks. Especially after seeing everything they had to do at the competition. No thank you! Haha.

      Delete
  2. Lauren, you are so talented in taking pictures!!! Brooks looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for BOTH of your sweet compliments, Kate! I really enjoy photography. I hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  3. Hey, Lauren - I found your blog via the Musgroves :) have loved watching your story unfold from married life to pregnancy to mama. you are one blessed wife and mama, and I'm putting all these stories you're sharing in the back of my head for if the day ever comes when we have a baby. ANYWAY... all of that to say, I Tribe as well and actually saw y'all at the event! however, it looked like y'all were getting ready to leave (it was pretty miserable a few times, wasn't it?!) and I didn't want to be "that girl who reads your blog" :) I'll say hello at the next competition (that was my first)- yay for John! he was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very sweet! I am blessed indeed :) I SO wish that you would have come introduce yourself...would have loved to meet you. Next competition for sure! And I'll pass on the compliment to John. Y'all are all awesome for being able to get through those workouts. There is no way in the world that I could Tribe!!! I hope you have had a lovely weekend.

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code