PAGES

countdown.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My due date is on The Weather Channel's 10 Day Forecast, which means: the countdown begins! 


We are officially 9 days away from DD-Day (due date day). Yes, I am aware that only 5% of babies are actually born on their due date, but it is exciting nonetheless...and a bit surreal. John and I are soooo ready, but I have already made that known.

For the countdown, I am going to try to chime in daily with the happenings of my day, any thoughts or feelings that are racing around in my head, random notions, and revelations. I think it will be fun to look back on one day.

Here goes...

DAY 1: Unfortunately I am as sick as a dog today. I am seeing an improvement from yesterday, but my body is aching (all over), I am congested, I have a horrible headache that I can't seem to shake, I have an upset stomach, and I'm tired. Bone-tired. I woke up around 8:30 this morning, but laid in bed until noon, inhaling the vapors of Brooks' humidifier that has found its way into our bedroom. I mustered up some energy to get up and make myself a bowl of oatmeal with a dollop of peanut butter and a cut-up banana, but beelined it back to bed to eat. My lazy morning did free up a lot of time to dig into the Word for quiet time with the Lord. Three devotions later, I felt quite refreshed and filled with the Holy Spirit.

"Lord, give me awareness of your Presence."
Later day activities included making the bed, running the dishwasher, vacuuming the house, showering, and crashing on the couch. It's tough not having much energy...

As for pre-labor symptoms, I am continuing to lose my mucus plug (TMI, I know). I have had a bit of cramping here and there, but nothing strong enough to send my head spinning. Brooks is quite active today. Maybe he is packing up his bags getting ready to make his exit? Hmmm. And of course, my back is killing me. Nothing new there.

I'm on an Ed Sheeran kick today and craving hot tea. Nana made us chicken noodle soup and cornbread for dinner, which I am pretty excited about. Is there anything better when you're feeling under the weather?

And right now, this very second, I am feeling incredibly thankful for my sweet husband who has loved me so well over these last weeks of pregnancy and days of feeling ill. I especially love when he tells me when he is praying for Brooks. Today he sent me a text message telling me that he was praying for me. My heart is full.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get to feeling better. I can't believe your due date is so close!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna—feeling much better today. I can't believe we are so close, either! Hopefully little man will be here sooner than later! AHHH!

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code