PAGES

blog humbug.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Anyone out there in the blogosphere who has had issues with memory space? I keep getting this message when I try to upload a photo: "Whoops! You're out of space. You are currently using 100% of your 1 GB quota for photos. Upgrade storage." When I attempt to "upgrade storage" it keeps bouncing back telling me that Google Wallet couldn't complete my purchase because of a technical issue and to try again later. Well, I tried again later and still no luck

I want to get this resolved as soon as possible, because, well...WE'RE HAVING A BABY THIS WEEK! 

Day 6: 4 days until DD-Day. We are close—super close. The weather today is wretched. It took me approximately 50 minutes to get to my appointment at the hospital this morning. The good news is, I had 50 minutes of quiet time, prayer, and worship. My biggest prayer request was for some encouraging news from my doctor; some progress, if you will.


After being hooked up to the monitor for my non-stress test, Dr. Stradtman came in and told me that my contractions were about 7 minutes apart. HUH? I'm having contractions? Can. not. feel. them. Is this a good sign? Bad sign? I'll tell you what it is...BIZARRE, but definitely an answered prayer. I then followed her into the exam room where she performed a cervical exam. I am still a little over a centimeter dilated, but about 90% effaced! More progress! She felt around his little head, which was a bit uncomfortable, but just by doing so, I went from 1 centimeter to 2 centimeters. When she told me that she thinks baby will be here today and asked if I wanted to go ahead and head over to the hospital, my stomach dropped. Now? Really? This is the moment I have been waiting for all week (all 10 months, really). But, I'm not ready today. No, definitely not today. Lucky for me, labor and delivery is booked. It's actually booked all week, but Dr. Stradtman has scheduled me to go in Thursday morning at 6:00 a.m. to get this party started. That is, if Brooks hasn't come yet. So, I am about to make myself a PBJ and wait. It's what I do best.

I didn't have time yesterday to give any input on Day 5. Day 5 was a much better day than Day 4, that's for sure. John went hunting and I slept in. When he got home, we went for a long walk around a little pond near our house. We then went and got smoothies, drove downtown to see if my new car had arrived, attempted to save a pitbull who was wanting to play in traffic on the expressway, visited one of John's job sites, came home, ate homemade potato soup and cornbread for lunch, and watched Duck Dynasty for approximately 2 hours. Last night we went to WorkPlay to watch John's cousins, Roman Street, perform. It was a great show. If you are in the Christmas spirit and looking for some new tunes to jam out to this holiday season, check out their Christmas CD on iTunes. It's pretty awesome.

I want to give a big thank you to all of my sweet friends who have been checking in on me daily and encouraging me this week. You are such blessings and have made both me and baby boy feel so loved. I will keep y'all posted!

XOXO.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about his arrival and see pictures! Prayers for an easy and safe delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Was hoping to see you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, so exciting!! Good luck and I look forward to reading when he arrives!!! By the way, I did have to upgrade my storage once, but I never got an error message, so hopefully it's just a temporary glitch.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code