PAGES

rustic chalkboards.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Just call me the "craft queen." Better yet, go ahead and call me Martha. Crafting has consumed my life these past few weeks. It would be soooo much easier to just buy my inspirations, but, where is the fun in that? Well, a lot of fun...but a lot of money too. So, next up on my nursery crafting list: rustic chalkboards.

Super easy.

Because we don't have a wood-burning fireplace, John and I made a trip to the Bryant's barn to steal a piece of firewood. With the help of his chainsaw, John cut 3 pieces, about 1/2 an inch thick each.

I guess we threw away the leftover chalkpaint from this project, so I picked up another quart from Home Depot.


I shook it up a bit, got out my brush and started painting away (the chalkboard paint recommends sealing the surface if it is raw wood, but I didn't), leaving 1/2 an inch border of wood.



Luckily, I only had to do one coat of paint so I was finished in no time. After about 30 minutes, the paint was dry, however, you have to wait approximately 4 hours until you can write on it with chalk.


I thought John would attach a hook to the back of each chip, but instead he just nailed them directly to the wall with a small nail. Whatever works!

So there you have it. Easy is an understatement! Here they are on display in the nursery:



1 comment:

  1. I love this! I thought it was a picture from a magazine, then I realized it's his room! Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code