PAGES

oops, i did it again.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I did it again...and I have a feeling that I'm not going to stop here. I made a couple more purchases for the still non-existent nursery. I say still non-existent because the unit that John and I were supposed to move into in ONE day fell through and here we are, back at square one, trying to scramble around and find somewhere to live. It's looking like the in-laws are going to be our roomies, temporarily. A good way to cope with this upheaval? Retail therapy.

I am so thankful for a husband who understands me and my nesting needs...

A little over a week ago I got an email from World Market introducing their latest eCatalog--very rustic and very much my style. Amidst this collection was a light, natural cowhide rug. I have been in search of a decently priced blonde cowhide rug for quite some time now and came to find that the closer you get to a neutral bleached tone, the higher the price. So you can only imagine how thrilled I was to stumble across this beaut with a price tag of only $329.99, PLUS a 10% off coupon.


While I am typically overeager to act on a great deal, I decided that it would be best to go see the rug in person. I am sure glad that I did. Of course, no cowhide is the same so of the two in the store, one was definitely darker than the other. In addition, they didn't quite look like the image online either. Still, I loved the rug so I bought it. If I change my mind or find another rug for a better deal, I can always return this one. WIN-WIN, if you ask me.

This week I got another email from World Market with a coupon for $10.00 off on an in store purchase of $40.00 or more (maybe I need to opt out of the emails...). I have had my eye on the Jillian Rectangle Baskets and Totes so thought this was the perfect opportunity to scoop them up. And that I am going to do on Friday, seeing that today and tomorrow will be spent moving. Blah. Welcome to Baby Bryant's nursery, baskets.



Next up: the most adorbs laundry hamper there ever was. And believe me, I know that I'll be getting A LOT of use out of this bad boy. Unfortunately, this hamper is backordered until October. Fortunately, our little one won't be here until December. So, here it is. The Land of Nod you do not disappoint...


And lastly, I finally ordered the test swatches from Spoonflower that I have been wanting to get my hands on for Baby Boy's bedding. Again, it's always best to see it in person!

Bumper fabric.

Crib Skirt fabric.

Piping on bumper and bumper ties. Also, on bottom of drapes. 

Pillows.

I can't wait to see this nursery come together...eventually. Better to be prepared than not, I always say! Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the fabric swatches for your bedding. I love being 10 weeks behind you so I can read your great advice and good finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nesting phase! You get so much done...even if you don't know WHERE the baby's room will be:) Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code