PAGES

chuggin' along.

Monday, August 27, 2012

24 weeks, 3 days...we're moving right along.

This morning I had my routine 24 week appointment. Instead of seeing my regular OB/GYN, I saw another doctor in the practice. I can't believe that it is already time for me to start making the rounds. By the time I am full term, I will have met with all 4 of the other physicians just in case Dr. Stradtman can't be there to deliver Baby Bryant. I really liked Dr. Sparks; he is such a kind and sensitive man. I am sure that I will like the rest of the gang, too.

The appointment went well. I am not quite sure how much weight I have gained total, but I am pretty sure I almost fainted when I saw the number on the scale. We've reached the 130s, friends. I can't believe it. The good news is, Dr. Sparks called me skinny (Yes, skinny. What a JOKE) and said that I am all baby. My stomach is harder than Chuck Norris' abs. It wasn't hard for him to tell what position our little guy was in: head in the lower left region, feet in the upper right. I could have told him that. Those are mainly the two places that I feel strong kicks and jabs throughout the day. Baby boy also didn't want to cooperate when we were trying to hear his heartbeat. The second the doppler found it, he would move. Figures.

My next appointment will be at 28 weeks (THIRD TRIMESTER!!!) and will be a long one--lots of lab work and the dreaded RhoGAM shot (I am Rh-negative). Can't wait. Yes, I can.

I am so incredibly thankful that this pregnancy has been so great and problem-free, thus far. I honestly have no complaints and am trying not to take this fleeting time for granted. As much as I am ready to meet our precious baby boy, pregnancy is the most amazing thing that I have experienced in my lifetime and I don't think I'm quite ready to give it up.

Stand still, and consider the wonderful works of God. Job 37:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code