PAGES

survived.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Well, I am officially down for the count with a stomach bug. Christmas bummer. The good news is, John and Brooks are still feeling 100% (minus a fuss or ten...Brooks, not John) so they are holding down the fort for me. Alas, I have a minute or two to post.

While I still haven't taken Brooks' one year pics for his twelve month update, we did go to the doctor for his well check-up.

We survived a year (!) and our boy is healthy and thriving. We are beyond thankful.

Brooks is weighing in at 21 pounds 8 ounces (26th percentile) and is 28 inches in length (5th percentile). His head circumference is 45.1 centimeters (14th percentile). Short and chunky, just the way I like them. Babies that is.





Unfortunately the little nugget had to get four shots—the MMR, Varivax, Prevnar, and flu (#1) vaccines. I have never in my life seen something so pitiful. They hurt, and they hurt baaaaaad. Brooks stopped breathing, turned bright red, and was shaking he was crying so hard. Luckily, as soon as I picked him up, handed him his lovey and got the paci to stay in his mouth, all was well with the world.

 I have a feeling he won't be nearly as jolly to see the nurse when we go for flu (#2) vaccine in three weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code