PAGES

counting down.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sunday afternoon John and I went to Lancaster to check in on the house. My, what a difference one day of work makes!  

For starters, the entire house is sheetrocked. YES! I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Looking into the kitchen from the dining room made me so giddy. I love my kitchen already and there is nothing to it! And can we please talk about that oven that is still in the kitchen?! 

The mason laid the brick on the fireplace. John surprised me with a herringbone pattern. I love it. We are going to mortar wash it to give it an aged effect. 


The laundry and mudroom have also taken shape. I hardly remember the "before." Still missing a back door, though.


It was hard for me to look past the wreckage/mess, but John told me that they cleaned things up yesterday. Where did my kitchen floor go?


The carpet cleaners came yesterday afternoon to clean the carpet upstairs in the bonus room. Because we are planning on starting "Phase 2" of our renovation (putting two bedrooms, a bath, and playroom upstairs) sooner rather than later, we decided against putting down new carpet. The old will make do for now. Once it is cleaned I am going to start moving boxes and furniture over. 

The trim is going up this week and the painters are starting on the exterior of the house (weather permitting). Next week they paint the interior and our floors get refinished. The countdown to Brooks' first birthday party is ON! Only 10 more days until that little booger turns one. Sniffle.


I had a minor procedure done this morning and had to drop my car off to get serviced.

 

It looks like I won't be getting much accomplished today. And the above picture depicts exactly how I feel about it. So much to do, so little time, and so little means. 

On a positive note, here is a picture of bubba while shopping Sunday evening. Our little lumberjack!


Those two... 

Happy drizzly Tuesday!

1 comment:

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code