PAGES

overwhelming thankfulness.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Are you ever plagued with overwhelming thankfulness? Where you are brought to tears reveling in all of the ways the Lord has blessed you and your loved ones before your feet even hit the floor in the morning? As of late, I have. And I think that it is just a bonus of quieting my mind and opening my heart to God's presence and overflowing peace. I am so thankful. Goodness, thankfulness actually seems like an unfitting word for the deep, gut wrenching love, joy and gratefulness I have for:

My Savior. For loving an imperfect sinner like me. 

My family. For their selfless servitude, encouragement, and affection.

My health. For the past year I have suffered from hypothyroidism. It has been a long, difficult journey; one that brings me to tears to think back on my absence as a mother, friend, sister, daughter, and wife in the first few months after giving birth to Brooks. But, this disease is so minute compared to the sufferings  and illnesses others battle. With all that being said, I am thankful for a God who heals and is our mighty Physician. 

My friends..and their babies. These girls know that I am not perfect and still love me. They have been there for me through and through. And their babies? I truly love them as if they were my own. The capacity of a mother's heart is frightfully mind-blowing.

My husband. For his immeasurable love for me and Brooks. For his desire to grow in his walk with the Lord, his personal endeavors, and his role as father and husband. He truly is the most amazing man.

My Brooks. Oh, my Brooks. He brings me so much joy. I could go on for days about this little miracle. He truly is the best thing that has happened to me, loving me unconditionally and magnifying my sin and need for a Savior. 

The basics and necessities. I tend to take so many of the little things for granted. I have a roof over my head, a car to get me from point A to point B. I have a warm bed to sleep in, food in my refrigerator, a warm coat and rainboots for cold and wet days like today. When I think about the people who don't have these things I break. I am humbled. And I count my undeserved blessings. 





And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Colossians 3:14-17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code