PAGES

getting it done.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Last weekend, while John was off slaying deer in Kentucky...

...Brooks and I checked in on the cottage. The old door openings in the kitchen and existing bedroom are framed up and the new door at the back of the house, now located in the "mudroom" is cut out and framed.

We closed off the basement door from the hallway so now the only access downstairs will be from outside. It was small and would only be used for storage so this was not a problem for me. The washer and dryer hookups were down in the basement so we are turning the back bedroom into a laundry room/mudroom/back entry. It is finally taking shape and I LOVE it. 

On to the bathroom. We used to have a floor, remember? Yeah, well, John discovered more rotted wood so bye bye bathroom floor, hello black hole. I haven't been by the house this week, but John said that the hole is no more. Thank goodness! 




The plumber, electrician, and HVAC subs are over there working this week. Once they get everything in place and inspected we can put up the sheetrock. John and his dad plan on working over there on Saturday. LOTS to do, so little time. We put our new address on Brooks' birthday party invitations, so we have to be moved in by the 14th, whether it's ready, or not. Pleeeeeaaaaaaasssseeee be ready!

Brooks and I had a mommy/son date at the park after our trip to the house. This little man loves the slide. He is so fearless. He also loves to swing and anything and everything that he can ride in or on. I love being a mama to a little boy! 


We also went on A LOT of walks. While daddy's away, we like to get OUT and play (to keep my sanity).


On Tuesday of this week John and I went to Brandino Brass to pick out our kitchen cabinet hardware, we went to Kenny & Company to pick out our bathroom tile, and then went to Triton Stone to pick out our countertops. I walked into the warehouse a little bit overwhelmed, but knew that I did not want marble (because I am terrified of it. Well, ruining it, that is), but wanted something that looked like it. Quartzite? Well, come to find out, quartzite isn't that pretty and actually costs more than marble because it has the look of marble and the benefits of granite. So, back to marble we went. Here are some of our favorites:


Ooooooh. Ahhhhhhh. Naturally, my favorite was one of the most expensive: Calcutta gold. I die. Luckily, my husband knows me ALL.TOO.WELL. and budgeted for it. We have to see what the final number will be and will go from there. But, I am hoping this beautiful slab makes it's way into our home.



I also started some FIRST BIRTHDAY crafting!!! EEEEEEEK! Let the planning begin! With Thanksgiving coming up, our move, Brooks' birthday, and Christmas, I am trying to stay on top of things. Our moving announcements have already been mailed out, Brooks' birthday invitations are stuffed, licked, addressed, and stamped, and (drumroll please) so are all of our Christmas cards!!! BOOM.


We also let our rental agency know that November in 1102 will be our last month. Now, it's time to start packing...

3 comments:

  1. You KNOW I love this post! Looks good! I stuffed Christmas cards today and thought I was way ahead of it until I just read your status! You beat me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many exciting things for y'all right now! Can't wait to see the house finished! Loved the moving announcement - so cute. AND I love the hunting selfie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same kind of marble and love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code