PAGES

third trimestering.

Friday, June 6, 2014

I am almost 31 weeks pregnant. 30 weeks, 3 days to be exact. I think it's time for a little update, right? Because before we know it our peanut will be here and gone will be the days of feeling this precious life inside of me and stretchy pants. Let's stay in there for at least 9 more weeks, okay little bit? 

Last week I had the dreaded 28 week appointment where I had my glucose screening test, got the Tdap vaccine (oooooooooouch),  and another RhoGAM shot.


The good news is, I passed the glucose test. The bad news is, I could barely pick up Brooks for two days thanks to the vaccine. It got me good. I rubbed lavender and peppermint oil on my arm like whoa. And speaking of whoa, here is a bump shot at 30 weeks. Please excuse myself as a whole in this picture. I'm pretty sure I am going on day three of dirty hair, I'm sporting hormonal acne, and my get-up? I don't bother getting dressed up these days. Not with sticky icky fingers pawing at me all day, every day.


Some things that I want to remember about this pregnancy:

My biggest cravings have been popcorn, cereal, and mozzarella cheese (I typically despise cheese).

I weigh 11 pounds less than I did with Brooks at this point in my pregnancy. Thank goodness the weight gain has slowed down a bit, because I was averaging 2 pounds per week in the second trimester.

My current tenant is a mover and a shaker. This baby is so active, especially when I eat.

I haven't had any dreams or intuitions about the gender. It's a toss up. 50/50. If you held a gun to my head, I would say it's a girl. With that being said, it's probably a boy. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this or not, but of our three ultrasounds, none of the techs were able to see in between the baby's legs so no one knows at this point!

I typically wake up at 4:00 every morning like I did when I was pregnant with Brooks. So odd. I am also getting up at some point in the night to go to the bathroom.

I have suffered from sciatic nerve pain this go-around.

We have a girl name picked out, but can't seem to agree on a name if it's a little lad.

Brooks loves to love on the bump. He points to my tummy and says, "baby" and will come over, lift my shirt, and gives it a kiss. It's the sweetest.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are that far along already!! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable!! I say girl ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code