PAGES

sugar plums.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Life has been pretty chaotic the past few weeks. I feel like I am stuck in a wind tunnel, or something like that. The renovation upstairs and addition are starting to make my head spin, as is the clutter piling up in our dining room, hallway, bedroom, and laundry room. I hate to moan and groan, but I truly am ready for the project to be complete, the pounding and banging to stop, and the dust and dirt to be gone. I'm ready for normal, if that's even possible.

But, things are moving along as planned. As of today, the entire addition and ceiling upstairs is sheetrocked, the trim and new doors were delivered, and we have a new roof! That was a fun day, let me tell you...

No, it wasn't.


With all the commotion going on at the house, Brooks and I have tried to brave the heat and spend as much time out and about as possible.

We have gone to the zoo. 


We made a trip or twelve to the playground.

 

We stuffed our fat-kid faces with icecream and milkshakes.




I even had a moment of relapse (must be from pregnancy insomnia and the high temps) and let Brooks fly down the driveway on his bike, without a helmet. 


...It was all fun and games until someone got hurt.


I am also in total "operation playroom" mode. Three IKEA boxes were delivered last week and I have some other fun things up my sleeve that I cannot wait to share! Only three (or possibly four) more weeks! In the meantime, thoughts of sugar plums and soaks in the pedestal tub are dancing around in my head...and helping me not lose my sanity. The light is near!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code