PAGES

week 28.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Last Friday, I hit the week 28 mark. In the grand scheme of things, I am 12 weeks away from my due date and only 9 weeks away from being considered "full term." I am flooded with emotions as I really begin to process these numbers. I could potentially have only 9 more Mondays to wake up to my alarm clock and not the sound of a crying baby. I could potentially have only 9 more weeks to turn a blah guest bedroom into a nursery oasis. John and I could potentially have only 9 more weeks to spend together as a family of two (well, four, if you factor in our fur babies). 9 weeks is less than 10. 10 weeks is the start of a countdown. Before we know it: 3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF...into parenthood. Am I ready? Is John ready? Are my feelings of inadequacy only going to get stronger as we near December 14?

My prayer is that the Lord continue to prepare us mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually over the next 12, potentially 9, weeks. Please pray with me.

This morning I had my 28 week appointment. 5 hours later and I am still feeling a little woozy from the delicious beverage I had to chug down, the 3 vials of blood that I had drawn, the painful RhoGAM shot injected into my hiney, and the flu shot jabbed into my arm. On the bright side, my growth is right on track and, once again, I got to hear Baby Bryant's heartbeat. I will find out the results of the glucose test either this afternoon or tomorrow. With my mild addiction to sweets I am a tad bit nervous, but hopeful...

The bump at 28 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code