PAGES

second to third.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Time is ticking. And ticking. And ticking. I cannot believe that I am officially 27 weeks and starting my third and last trimester. Before we know it, we will be meeting our sweet boy and I'll be missing the days of pregnancy (but, of course, loving the days of mommyhood).


Baby Bryant is now sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his little eyes, and sucking on his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, his brain is very active now. The lungs are still immature, but they would be capable of functioning--with a lot of medical help--if our little one were to be born now. Praise God.

I can chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements that I may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother baby boy.


As for me, gone are the days of "comfort" and ease. There have been times this week that Baby Bryant has kicked my bladder and, well, I'll leave the rest up to your imagination. I find it very difficult to put on my shoes in the morning and can no longer sit with my knees to my chest. My horrible case of indigestion at night has reached an all-time low..or high? Either way, it is bad and again, I will spare you the details.

And I'm pretty positive my walk has turned into a waddle...

However, with all that being said, I am LOVING being pregnant. It's the best thing since sliced bread. Really. I thank God every day for His gift of life and for choosing me to raise, nurture, and love His precious child. It is truly humbling.

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. You look so great!! You have such a cute bump! What have you found to be your favorite brand of maternity leggings and jeans? Just curious as I'm going to start that search soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! My absolute favorite pair of jeans at the moment are these: http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=973160443&MasterCategory_Id=MC6 from Motherhood Maternity. They fit great, are thick, and comfortable. I also ordered a lighter wash skinny and a pair of bootcuts with the fit belly from MM. The lighter wash is a "boyfriend jean" style so they are super comfortable. I really didn't want to splurge on a pair of designer jeans and am glad that I didn't. These suit me just fine. As for leggings—I have a couple pairs from Motherhood Maternity that are more "casual" and "comfy." I LIVE in them. And then I also have a pair from ASOS. You really need to check ASOS out, they have some really cute maternity wear. And lastly, Gap has great leggings too! I hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. That helps a lot! I need to start looking and trying some on really soon, so I appreciate the advice. I've seen the leggings that go under the tummy or above the tummy, but I guess I'll have to try them on to see what I like the best! Thanks again for your suggestions!!!

      Delete
    3. No problem, Anna! I would go ahead and get the above the tummy leggings--that way you have the option of folding them over when you don't want to wear them like a granny. But, trust me, as your belly gets bigger, the above belly get more and more comfortable...not to mention they help camouflage that pointy outy!

      Delete
  2. Comfort is out the door. Complete nights of sleep...never. Waddling like a duck everywhere. Oh yeah, and that precious feeling of a little life growing inside you. What a blessing to be a mommy! I'm ready for December!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code