PAGES

temporary home.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I am grateful for a lot of things right now, one of them being a rent-free roof over my head. I am so thankful for the many ways that my in-laws have provided for me and John over the past 4 weeks, but I have never yearned for the feeling of home as much as I do right now. I long for John to feel like my husband again and not just my roommate. I long for a different routine. I long to not feel like an intruder. I long to touch, feel, and use our "things" that are tucked away in storage. Our home is currently in a unit down the street.


I have drawn incredibly close to the Lord during this time of transition in my life. I have been constantly reminded, during intimate time spent in His presence when my heart wells up with these longings, that earth, not just my in-laws' house, is my temporary home and that these "things" that my heart values and yearns for are of the world...not of the Spirit. I am reminded that joy does not come from what I deem "comfortable" or desirable, but is a result of a devoted relationship with God and discovering His power, sovereignty, and plan amidst the most difficult circumstances life throws at me.

I am so thankful for God's grace because I tend to struggle with these feelings daily. I'm thankful for His mercy because time and time again, He forgives my flesh and reminds me of His promises and the truth of and hope in His Word.

As cliché as it sounds: "home is where the heart is." If His home is in my heart, my home is in Him.

Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. (NLT) Ephesians 3:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code