PAGES

projects.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Well, the month of April flew by thanks to weekends of travel and our never-ending home project to-do list. I have no doubt that May will do the same. Between holidays and birthday parties, there is a lot of travel and a lot of fun in our near future.

Let me start with some of the projects we have done around the house lately...

This past weekend we bought a porch swing, painted it, and hung it on the front porch. We had some Pottery Barn Rewards so on Sunday we snagged a couple of outdoor pillows to complete the look.


This spot has become a fast favorite. I love swinging with my little buddy during the day and my big buddy in the evenings. 



We also said goodbye to our old piece-of-junk mailbox (that had been hit by a truck and barely survived) and built and painted a new one. John built, I painted. All that it needs now is our house number. There are two stores in town that I want to hit up to find the perfect ones. Maybe, just maybe, I can accomplish that this week. 

We also planted some flowers to brighten up the house a bit and prepare for summer! The hand rails lining the front porch steps are also new. John built them a few weekends ago, but I never posted about it. Our front porch is just about complete! Once I find a cute little bench or stool to use as a coffee table and we get the doorbell up and running we can check the porch off of our list.




We sure are enjoying our front yard now! 


In other news, John scored six free box tickets and VIP passes to Eric Clapton on Friday night. We went with Lea, Bradley, a co-worker and his girlfriend. It was a fun, random date night!



Today marks 26 weeks of pregnancy with Baby No-Name (who yes, still does not have a name). I am feeling much more large and in charge lately, which could be due to 20 pound weight gain. Yikes. Other than that, I am feeling great. I'm not sure if I mentioned that at my 20 week ultrasound I was diagnosed with a hematoma (fancy word for a blood clot/hemorrhage), but at my last appointment it had shrunk significantly. Therefore, I am back to my regular programming. Really, I never rested much or avoided the heavy lifting. That's kind of hard to do with a 16 month old running around. We are praising God for this good news and believing that it will fully absorb back into my body. 




I am also in full nesting mode, which, because I don't have a nursery to channel all of that energy, has led me to scrub the house from top to bottom. I even bleached the shower curtain the other day.


John thinks I'm losing my mind. 

We should be getting the permit for the addition today or tomorrow and are hoping to start construction by the end of the week! I am so anxious/excited to get the ball rolling! Only three more months until the baby arrives...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code