PAGES

heavy machinery.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The addition is underway! It all happened so fast...it was like one day John and I were talking about it, teetering on the line of pulling the trigger and the next I had a trackhoe in my backyard digging a moat around my deck.

We are making great strides. Greater than I expected! On Friday they poured the footings, the electricians and Alabama Power set up our temporary service (thankfully it rained on Friday and wasn't too hot because we were without power for a few hours) and today they are laying block. We are aiming to start framing on Friday! It has my head spinning, but it is all very exciting!


And you know Brooks is absolutely loving seeing all this heavy machinery in his front and backyard. Trackhoes and Bobcats and cement trucks, oh my.






On Saturday Brooks and I peeled John away from moving dirt and tearing up the deck to head to Montgomery for Russ and Jack's first birthday party. We had the BEST time celebrating the twins and were so honored to be a part of this special day for the Davis family.



Brooks partied so hard he passed OUT on the drive home. Bless his tired bones.



Overall, it was such a wonderful weekend celebrating and being celebrated. Before I sign off for the day, I'll leave you with this gem because I just.can't.handle.the.cuteness. Brooks, you melt me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code