PAGES

laundry room makeover.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Nesting is in full force these days, especially on the weekends when I have an extra set of hands to watch Brooks, and there are certain rooms or clutter in the house that need a little TLC. I have been a purging, cleaning, organizing fool and on Sunday the laundry room fell victim to my pregnancy crazies.

We are going to be removing the existing window in the laundry room and adding a door. It is going to be the new side/rear entry into the house so I wanted to make it functional and not so much of an eyesore. The room has great potential and I can't wait to see what we come up with as far as the new design. I'm thinking a built-in desk, cabinets, and lockers on the unfinished side of the room. The other side, however, is complete. We have a sink, washer and dryer, and some shelving, but it was really lacking a wow factor (I know, I'm losing it) and looked like a hot mess. My OCD gouges at my eyeballs every time I step foot in there to do laundry, which is often every day. 

So, on Sunday I excused myself for a baby-free trip to HomeGoods to gather some baskets, canisters, and a few other items to spruce up the space a bit. 

For $150.00 this room got a complete makeover and I am so happy with how it turned out. Here are some measly iPhone pictures of the before and after. 

Before (I am so embarrassed!):


 After:




I am now in search of a piece of furniture for a nook in the bathroom that was originally supposed to have built-ins, but that came and went. So, Brooks and I will be doing a little bit of antiquing this week. Let's hope he miraculously turns into a good shopping buddy and cooperates! Wishful thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code