PAGES

two month favorites.

Thursday, February 28, 2013


I want to go on record and say that all of our one month favorites were still favorites going into month two. And to be honest, all of our one month favorites are still favorites going into month three, but let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Here is what we loved in month two:

1. Gro-egg - This little gadget gives me a peace of mind. Our HVAC is pretty much busted in this rental of a home. In one room it is 70 degrees and in the other it is 65. The nursery is either one extreme or the other; there is no happy medium. The minute we turn on the AC Brooks' room turns into the arctic and when we crank the heat up one notch, the temperature skyrockets 5 degrees. SO ANNOYING. With that being said, the Gro-egg is the perfect electronic to monitor the temperature. And I love that if the temperature of the room is "just right" the egg will give you a smiley face (and vice versa). We usually keep his room between 65-67 degrees.

2. Board Books - A couple of Brooks' favorites are "Farm Faces," "Little Blue Truck" and "Baby's Very First Touchy-Feely Animals Book". He loves being read to and is interacting more by touching the books instead of just staring at them.

3. Aden + Anais Burpy Bibs and Prefold Diapers (burp cloths) - Burpy Bibs are the best bibs because they can be used as either a bib or burp cloth. And when Brooks spits up, he spits up, so I love how big these are. The more coverage, the better. And no matter what bib we are using, we always have a back-up burp cloth. I have seriously considered sewing them onto the shoulders of my shirts. No? Too far?

4. Motorola MBP36 Wireless Video Baby Monitor - I know that I mentioned that we were borrowing Lea and Bradley's Summer Infant Monitor (which we appreciated so much), but little Bennett got his hands on it and left the poor electronic in not-so-tip-top shape. We were having problems with it freezing up and shutting off in the middle of the night. You can imagine how fast my stomach dropped when I realized that it wasn't turned on! Also, it would only run plugged into an outlet and after experiencing two overnight power outages and two minor panic attacks we decided to invest in a new one. I went with the Motorola and so far we love it. Some of the features that I love are the temperature display (now I don't have to walk into the nursery in the wee hours to look at the Gro-egg), the two-way communication, the lullabies, the color screen, and the position control of the camera from the remote. I highly recommend!

5. Empire Sterling Silver Rattle Teething Ring - Such a sweet gift from sweet friends. I cherish the engraving of John Brooks' initials on the silver rattle piece. It makes it a special memento for our family. Obviously it is pretty to look at, and I'll have to admit, I was skeptical to give it to Brooks because I thought it was too pretty, but he loves it. He likes to hold it, shake it, and stick it in his mouth. Sometimes he will just stare at it in awe (of its beauty, of course). 

6. Zipper Sleepers - These sleepers are a favorite of mine. Gowns are for the birds. So are outfits with buttons. Snaps are okay and zippers are the bomb. So convenient! We switched it up a bit and retired the bodysuits for bedtime and started using these (when we use the cotton swaddle versus the fleece). Long story short, add them to your registry!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely sew the burp cloths to your shirt! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! Sounds just about like outs at two months! I definitely agree that gowns are for the birds (unless it is night time and they are under a sleepsack) but otherwise I can't understand why people like them so much. Your HVAC sounds like ours and the Gro Egg is a total lifesaver. Brooks is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code