PAGES

meeting gigi.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Last weekend we took our first road trip as a family to Atlanta to introduce Brooks to his GiGi, my sweet 91 year old Gram. And what a precious moment it was.




It is hard to grasp the number of years and life experiences that separate these two. Oh how I wish that Brooks was old enough to sit down with Gram and chat. But, more importantly, I wish that Brooks was old enough to sit down with Gram and listen. She has so much wisdom and love to pour into him. 





I don't know if that day will ever come. I pray that it does. But, if it doesn't, Brooks will come to know his beautiful great-grandmother and her sweet, servant heart. I will be sure of it.


Four generations...a beautiful thing.



I also took some pictures of Brooks with his Nanie and Pop Pop. I can't say thank you enough for the huge help these two were over the weekend. They watched Brooks while John and I went on our first date since he was born, kept him in their room both nights so we could get a full night's rest, and I was also able to slip away to pamper myself with a manicure and pedicure! 






Mom and dad, muah. Love y'all! 

And last, but definitely not least, we had a short, but very sweet visit with my brother, sister-in-law, nieces, and nephew before they dipped out of town to spend the weekend with Katye's family. This was a first introduction too! And I was super shocked that Abby and Daley wanted nothing to do with cousin Brooks and William wanted everything to do with him! Too funny.







I miss ALL of them already! Hugs and kisses from us and Brooks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code