PAGES

christmas debut.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Tuesday night, the husband and I braved the frosty weather and bought our Christmas tree. WOOHOO! It is beautimus. I spent all evening stringing lights and hanging ornaments—both old and new. It turned out exactly like I had hoped. Here she is in all her glory:











This year we retired our hand-me-down angel tree topper that we put on my family tree growing up and replaced it with a bow. I made a burlap bow topper using this tutorial. I didn't quite "get" it, so I improvised and used a lot of wire. Not perfect, but it gets the job done. 


             


Now it's time to reveal the rest of the condo’s Christmas decorations! I attempted to deck the halls with more than boughs of holly while trying not to overdo it. It was very hard for me to stick to the saying, "less is more," but you learn to become a minimalist when you live in a one bedroom condo...with a man...and two cats. 

ENJOY!
My childhood tree topper. 











This little guy is one of my most prized possessions. He is also a childhood decoration passed down to me.  





The Reason for the Season. 





Bitty bell tree.






Natural balls and pinecones. 


The wreath is my favorite addition! It makes such a statement in the dining area. 

I hung it with burlap and made the bow separately and attached.



Two rounds make a right!




More pinecones leftover from my projects. Thanks again, M-I-L!
My FAVORITE holiday candle from Anthropologie. I think that this fellow will be making it's debut in the condo very shortly.  

Well, that's it! I hope that everyone has a fabulous and productive weekend. My weekend goal is to finish up our Christmas shopping. Slowly, but surely, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, your Christmas decorations look SO good!!! Love all the burlap bows! Hope y'all are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anna!! Your new house is so beautiful too. I love the updates...keep 'em coming! Hope y'all are doing great too! XO.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code