PAGES

share the joy.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Our Christmas cards have been stuffed, licked, addressed, stamped, and mailed! I can’t take all the credit. John helped me stuff and lick all 150 of them. Thank you, hubs! It feels so good to have this task marked off my pre-Christmas mission list…I am sure there are some of you nodding in agreement. I have absolutely loved loved loved getting Christmas cards from our dearest friends and family. It’s an amazing way to share the joy of the Christmas Season and keep up with our loved ones who we don’t get to see as often as we would like. This year, I wanted to creatively display our Christmas cards versus just sticking them up on the picture board in our kitchen (that is already way too cluttered) or on the iron birdcage memo board in the entryway. We don’t have a staircase in the condo, so I couldn’t mimic this idea:


We don’t have room for something as grand as this idea (one day,fingers crossed):


really wanted to hang garland from our entry archway like this portrait of beauty, however, I couldn’t justify splurging on a wreath, tree, and garland:

Plus, the tree is easy access enough for the kitties. I had to do two loads of laundry yesterday to wash all of our bedding because one of the cats decided to cough up fur/tree needle balls all over the bed. FIVE PILES. Ick. Am I really ready for children? Anyway, a lightbulb went off in that big brain of mine and I got the twine out and taped a swoop of it to the enormous screen door behind our couch.  We have a gillion clothespins leftover from our wedding that we used to hang our childhood photos with, so I made due with items that we already owned.  This project was FREE of charge! YAY!



Pretty much the same concept…

The twine, together with the clothespins and Christmas cards turned into this:









I love that they are displayed in the heart of our home and that we are able to look at them each and every day. I also enjoy checking the mail every afternoon in hopes for more cards! Share the joy, friends! Keep em’ coming!!! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code