PAGES

stripes.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The husband finally gave me the go-ahead to reupholster our living room chairs. Like the barstools, these chairs have lived with me since my college days at Auburn. At the time, I thought that they were a great purchase. The print is fun and quirky and they fit the scheme of our college pad. Well, my friends, that was approximately SIX years ago. Time has passed and so has my liking for these chairs. It is safe to say that they stick out like sore thumbs in the condo. With whites, creams, tans, grays, soft blues, yellows, and blacks all around, the modern brown and green chairs are undeniably out of place. See for yourself...

*GASP!*

Now that you have seen the chairs, you probably agree with me that it is time for some change. At times I can be indecisive, but I know exactly what I want to do with these chairs (I have had two years to think about it). I want to reupholster them in a neutral toned fabric with {drumroll} stripes! Last week I drew inspiration from fellow blogs and magazines. Take a look!

These tones are sensational. On a side note, I love the basket under the coffee table too.

I am a HUGE fan of ticking!


I definitely prefer a narrow stripe to a wide.
Love the gray and white.
On Saturday, before our trip to the hardware store, John and I went to the fabric store to pick out the fabric for the chairs (poor hubby). It was love at first sight for the both of us! With much ease we decided on an amazing striped fabric in, none other, neutral tones. Unfortunately, the store didn't have the yardage that we needed, so they had to order it. It is promised to be here in 6 days, so hopefully I will have a post for you in a few weeks revealing the new chairs! I can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code