PAGES

it's amazing...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

...what a little paint can do! Over the weekend I re-finished our three barstools. These stools were in dire need of a little pick-me-up. They came to me a bit banged up, as they attended college with John and were used as a chew toy for Sage when she was a puppy. But, when you can't afford to furnish your first home you take all the hand-me-downs that you can get (and are extremely thankful). John suggested that we go buy some new barstools, but I had a better idea: paint them! On Friday, I brought them outside on the porch, unscrewed the seats, and began sanding. About two hours later {phew}, they were ready to be dusted off.


On Saturday, the husband and I ventured to the hardware store in Mountain Brook to gather a few paintbrushes and other supplies. We then headed over to Benjamin Moore to pick out our paint color. I knew that I wanted to paint them gray, but wasn't sure if I wanted to do a light gray or more of a slate gray. The more I pondered on it and the fact that I wanted to brighten up the stools and the dining room, I decided on a lighter gray. We went with AF-685 (sorry, it doesn't have a crafty name), satin finish. To my surprise, it took three coats to reach the desired look. Thankfully, John came outside and helped me on the second and third.


Here are a few images BEFORE:

They are so dark, they blend in with the floors. No me gusta.
And AFTER: Love them!

This was such a simple and fun project and I think that the stools turned out great...just like new! The paint color that we chose could not have been more perfect. I love it so much, I'm thinking about painting the walls in our bathroom the exact same color. Next project? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code