PAGES

hair today, gone tomorrow.

Monday, May 2, 2011

This past weekend I did it—I cut my hair. Actually, cut is an understatement. I butchered it (six inches to be exact). I usually keep my hair at a somewhat decent length, but because of the wedding festivities I grew my hair out for an entire year. Every girl wants her hair to look perfect in an updo on her wedding day, right? It was totally worth it, however, now that March 26 has come and gone I knew that it was time to do something with my mangy mane. So, with a lot of courage (and a shove from John) I headed to the salon and trusted the scissors to do magic. Word of the wise: if you don't want your hair to be higher than your chin, do NOT tell the hairdresser, "I don't want it higher than my chin," because they tend to get scissor happy and before you know it, yes, you guessed it...it's higher than your chin. The next time that I get it cut I will be sure to tell them, "just above the shoulders." It's not that I didn't like the finished result, I just didn't love it. It's day three and I'm still getting used to it. Now that I've styled it to my own liking, received a few compliments (two thumbs up from the husband), and talked myself into why it was a good move (summer, convenient, healthy), the short do is starting to grow on me. Add an inch or two and maybe I'll turn that like into love.

BEFORE
(picture from my Bachelorette Party)

AFTER
(Soccer mom, anyone?)

What do you think?! Yay? Or Nay?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code