PAGES

waiting game.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Last week was a caray-zzzz one. I'm shocked I didn't go into labor. Really. From sunup to (hours after) sundown I was on my feet keeping a 19 month old happy and entertained while moving, cleaning, organizing, you name it, while electricians, carpet and closet installers, floor refinishers, and cabinet makers made our home their second. Let's just say it was one of those weeks where the minute I felt everything was clean and put together, I would turn around and boom. The mess was back. 

As of today, we are still waiting on the vanity countertops to be installed. Therefore, we are still waiting on the plumbers, as well. The painters are going to have to come back to paint said vanities and to patch and paint the gillion new holes and scuffs on our walls. I hope that by the end of the week all of this mumbo jumbo will be coming to a close because...this baby is coming soon. I can feel it and my doctor agrees. 

I had my 38 week appointment this morning and am over 2 centimeters dilated, 50% effaced, the head is in -2 station, and my cervix is ripe and ready for showtime, go-time. She thinks this babe will come within the week, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt. Remember my progress with Brooks? ...and I still had to be induced. This time, I am going to try to wait to go into labor on my own. Dr. Stradtman said that she will let me go to 41 weeks before intervention. Let the waiting game begin! 





In the meantime, I am relishing sweet moments and snuggles with my first baby. Yesterday, he refused his afternoon nap and fell asleep in my arms. Instead of putting him in the crib, we rocked and I breathed in every ounce of him. Today, he is my little shadow and I don't mind it one bit. 



Oh, and here are some snippets of the progress made on the master and nursery:


 We haven't hung any art on the walls in the nursery, yet. And we won't be adding details, such as pouf and crib bedding until the baby arrives. Stay tuned for a peek into the upstairs space! It turned out to be one of my favorites. 

10 comments:

  1. Lauren, you look ADORABLE!! Brooks won't remember life without that little baby! So fun and so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katie! The 40 extra pounds disagree ;) And you are so right! Still so bittersweet...

      Delete
  2. You are such a cute preggo! Really! Love the additions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUAH. Thanks, lovely. I can't wait to give a tour of the house!

      Delete
  3. You look great! Cannot wait to see what this one is!! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carrie! You are so sweet! I can't wait either...50/50! HAHA.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe Baby #2 is almost here! I feel like it wasn't long ago that you announced your pregnancy! Hope you feel well during these last days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't either, Anna! This pregnancy FLEW by. Thanks, love!

      Delete
  5. You are all belly & look stunning! The nursery is precious as is that blurry toddler running 90miles an hour in the background. Being this close to labor and still not knowing the gender is making me rethink our next go around. I can't wait to hear the news!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are seriously so sweet, but I promise I'm all thighs, butt, and cheeks. These pictures are deceiving :) And I'm glad someone picked up on the "real life" mess behind me. Ha. He is a little rascal! And you need to wait to find out the gender! It really is so fun! Can't wait to share it! XO.

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code