PAGES

another year older.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

On the 23rd, I turned 29. It really was just another day, another year older. Even though I spent four hours of it in the car driving home from the beloved beach, I was able to spend it with my two favorite people—John and Brooks. And, of course, they made me feel so special and loved every second of the day! For starters, the boys took me to a farewell breakfast at the new Donut Hole that recently opened up shop in Inlet Beach. It was so delicious. The Donut Hole never disappoints.

And, I only thought it was appropriate to dress Brooks in his "Mom's Beach Bum" outfit. 


We also stopped at Peach Park in Clanton on the drive home because 1. It is on my bucket list (can you believe that I have never been?!) and 2. Brooks and Baby No-Name were dying for some chicken nuggets (thank you, McDonald's) and our first taste of peach ice cream! 




This place was amazing! If I wasn't pregnant, I would have hopped up on the horse too...


I can now check that to-do-before-I-die off the list!

When we got home we unpacked and relaxed. We cooked a yummy dinner, John gave me way too many presents (I think he is still making up for not doing anything special on my first Mother's Day. Bless him), and then we called it a night. 

So, here I am, kicking off the last year of my twenties. I have an amazing husband and a beautiful baby boy who bring me an overabundance of joy, and another sweet baby making his or her debut in four short months.

 So far, so great. 

Oh, and I'll toss in a picture of the beautiful flowers that I received from my main squeeze three days after my birthday on our anniversary! Three years down in the books. The best three years of my life...



I love you, John Bryant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code