PAGES

#momoftheyear.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I have had several #momoftheyear moments over the past eight months. I'm not talking about supermom, I'm perfect, I deserve a medal or cookie moments either--more like, "Why on earth did the Lord entrust me with a child?" kind of moments. I think that it is safe to say that I am not the most graceful person alive (I see you raising your hands and shouting Amen! mother dearest). I am sporting three bruises at the moment, knocked a diamond out of my ring today, and my child currently has a black eye. Yes, my baby has a black eye. Queue: shameful head shake. *SIGH*

Want some examples?

During a walk with my girlfriends, Katie Beth and Margot, and our babes a month or so ago, I got attacked by a flying insect of a sort. Okay, it didn't attack me. It landed on my arm. So, what did I do? I screamed and then let go of the stroller to swat the little pest. Wait, you let go of the stroller? Yep, I sure did. The stroller, with my precious cargo in it, swiveled to the left and started to head down a steep driveway. Luckily, I was able to grab it before it picked up speed. I really think that my heart stopped beating there for a second. Where were my motherly instincts on that one?! #momoftheyear

Another pat-on-the-back moment happened this week. Brooks and I were in some need of some fresh air so we went on a walk around the neighborhood. It's super hot so I filled up a cup of ice water and stuck it in the cup-holder. I don't know how it went down, but I somehow knocked the cup out of the holder and it spilled ALL OVER BROOKS. He started crying (shocker) and a neighbor getting in his car started shaking his head and saying things like, "Oh man," "Oh no," "Whoa" while I am trying to console my baby and get the cubes out of his lap. #momoftheyear

Before:


...and after:



Sorry little buddy!

Listen, I do the best that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code