PAGES

seven month favorites.

Thursday, July 18, 2013


Month seven was so. much. fun. Just when you think that life can't get any better or sweeter, it does. It really does. Brooks is into everything these days and it is so entertaining to watch his curious self study, touch, feel, taste, smell, smile, laugh, crawl, and climb. The best part is watching his little personality emerge. Our Brooks is ALL BOY, strong, wild, and fearless.

Last month we ate a lot, played a lot, and ran a lot of errands. Our favorites for the month definitely reflect our lifestyle.

1. Itzy Ritzy Sitzy Shopping Cart and High Chair Cover - My big boy is riding in shopping carts and sitting in high chairs. Please excuse me while I grab a tissue. Seeing that we are a germaphobic OCD family, a shopping cart and high chair cover was a must. We absolutely love the Itzy Ritzy Sitzy. It is SO easy to use and keeps my hands and Brooks' hands (and mouth) clean. What I love most about it is that it has its own belts because Brooks loves to munch on those germ-filled straps. Proof:

Just making himself at home...
And, how cute is the print?!

2. Infantino Farm Roller - This toy is like a baby Six Flags. Totally awesome. I do think that it was, hands down, Brooks' favorite toy during month seven. He bangs on it, chews on it, pulls up on it, and chases it. His new thing is to dive over it (while I'm holding onto his ankles). Therefore, he only gets to play with it while supervised.

3. Playskool Poppin' Park Giraffalaff - John and I took Brooks to Target one rainy afternoon to pick out a new toy. Lord knows this boy doesn't need anymore toys (we even told each other pre-baby that we would not be one of those parents who buys his/her child a gillion toys), but when you look at that sweet face playing with a toy that was so last month, you can't help but want to spoil him rotten. Anyway, we walked up and down the toy aisle pushing buttons and letting Brooks "play" with the toys until we came across one that he didn't want to put down. And Poppin' Giraffalaff was that toy. He loves watching the balls bounce up and down and strangling the poor creature. It is now a must-have on the playmat.

4. Lamb Plush - I don't know what it is about a stuffed animal that gets Brooks' engine running, but he loves, loves, loves any and every stuffed animal. When I take this lamb out of the toy basket Brooks' eyes light up and he starts screaming, smiling, and flailing those arms. He then wraps his arms around it and buries his head into its plushness. It is the cutest.

5. Beaba Babycook Pro - I know I have mentioned it before, but I really enjoy making Brooks' baby food. Maybe it's a time to relieve stress? A time to get creative? Or it could be the satisfaction from knowing that I am giving my baby the best. The Babycook Pro is amaze. It steams, blends, warms, and defrosts all in under 15 minutes. It is BPA free, Phthalate free, and Lead free. Fun for mommy, good for baby. I highly recommend.

6. Beaba Mulitiportion Freezer Trays - I have two different freezer storage trays and the Beaba are my favorite. There is no mess involved when pouring the food in the cups and when it's time to eat, the frozen portions slip out easily. I also love that it comes in several colors so I can differentiate between which trays house fruits and which trays house vegetables.

7. Green Toys My First Stacker - I found this toy at Home Goods for dirt cheap. What drew me to it was that it didn't look like your typical stacker. It doesn't have a stacking pole that can be dangerous and is made from recycled milk jugs. Crazy! Although the design is simple, Brooks is still drawn to it. I can confidently say that it is B's second favorite toy. He comes at it like a tornado, knocking it down. He then picks up the cups, bangs them together, or sticks them in his mouth. They can also be used as bath toys (each cup has a tiny drainage hole) and are really easy to wash too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the search box! I commented on that post, but I'm not sure if you check comments that far back, so I thought I'd ask again here - when I was reading about the shower scour (hallelujah, it works!) I noticed your necklace in another pic in that post. It's the outline of a cross, and I'm hoping you remember where you got it from...I'd LOVE to be able to get one. My poor cross necklace is sadly in need of retirement after years of use. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that necklace...I NEVER take it off and it has lasted me 5 years! I bought it at a boutique called Private Gallery. I bought it in the store many years ago but you can try to see if they still carry it online! http://www.shopprivategallery.com/

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code