PAGES

sans baby.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Last Saturday our friend Lucas got married in, well on, Seagrove Beach. During the weeks leading up to the wedding weekend John and I bounced around whether or not we should take Brooks. I did not think that I was emotionally ready to take a trip sans baby, so on Thursday night I made the decision to take him. Done deal. 

Yeah, not so much. Friday morning I texted John: "Take Brooks or not take Brooks? That is the question." He responded, "As much as I love my little buddy I have to say no...But it's up to you mama. I got your back either way." Sweet hubs. In my heart, I knew he was right. It would be too much with guests staying in the condo with us, a full day of frolicking on the beach, a wedding, and late night festivities. Plus, John and I were in dire need of a weekend together to focus solely on each other and give our marriage a little TLC. So, at 7:10 a.m. I made the executive decision to leave Brooks at home with Shug and Pops. 

Leaving Brooks for the first time was hard. Really hard. I cried the entire day leading up to our departure. I cried when I had to say goodbye. I cried for the first 5 10 minutes in the car. I cried Friday night. I cried Saturday night. Let me just say that one night apart from your baby feels like a long time, but two nights apart feels like a century. Sunday afternoon could not come sooner. 

Despite the fact that I felt like I was missing a piece of my heart all weekend, John and I had a wonderful time.

Friday night we joined friends at the Red Bar and stayed up way past our bedtime. 



On Saturday we soaked up rays of sunshine and enjoyed a BEAUTIFUL day on the beach. 





That evening we witnessed the marriage of Lucas and Brittanie and had a great time at their lovely reception.










To not be held down by a schedule was quite nice. As much as we missed our buddy, we made the right decision to leave him in Birmingham. And according to the updates from Shug and Pops, Brooks seemed to do just fine without us...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code