PAGES

good things.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

John and I found out that we were pregnant on the 5th of April...just one day shy of Good Friday. Oh, what a wonderful day. I was going to try to hold off from taking a pregnancy test for at least a few days, but my curiosity got the best of me. Figures. So, as soon as I woke up that morning I ran to the bathroom, ran back to the bed, buried my head into my pillow, said a prayer, and held my breath...

3 minutes later...

Faint line, but a line nonetheless!
I can't really describe what I felt at that moment. When we first found out that we were pregnant in January, I felt a rush of emotions and burst into tears. Happy tears...and anxious tears. This time was different. I felt pure joy and pure peace

Of course, John was the first person that I called. I already got to see the expression on his face the first go around so I was not at all concerned about waiting all day to share the news until he got home.  To be honest, I couldn't! I'm pretty sure the first thing that escaped his mouth was, "Nuh uh!" He was just as shocked as I was, but ecstatic! 

I went to my doctor that afternoon to confirm the pregnancy and to have blood work done to check my HCG levels. Everything looked great, but they wanted to see me in 48 hours to make sure my levels were increasing. Unfortunately, 48 hours meant Saturday, so we had to schedule my next appointment for Monday. Talk about a long weekend! Although we didn't have the "official" confirmation of the increased levels quite yet, we were traveling home to Atlanta to spend the Easter weekend with my family and I could not wait to share the good news with them.

Friday night when we arrived, John and I visited with my mom and dad for a bit. I ran upstairs to grab a little something out of my bag and came back with this...


...a teeny tiny Easter basket...


...that contained some BIG news!

It is safe to say that they were both shocked--more so mom than dad! Dad was a giddy school boy! This will be his 9th grandchild! It was so great being able to share the wonderful news with them in person. I will never forget that moment. NEVER. 

The next day, we had a cookout at my brother Jeff's house and gave the basket to him and Katye. They were so thrilled, as well! One of the best parts was telling Abby Grace that there was a little baby inside Lala's belly. She was so gentle and sweet...and thinks that baby Bryant is going to be a girl. HA. 

Now, if you are wondering how we spilled the beans to John's parents, it wasn't quite as creative. John pretty much told them over the phone WITHOUT me! What can I say? He's an excited daddy-to-be. 

(P.S. Thank you everyone for your excitement and prayers! We feel honored to have you experience this journey with us.) XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code