PAGES

easter happenings.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our Easter weekend was wonderful. The long time apart from my family made the reunion much, much sweeter. We didn't arrive until late Friday evening so we spent the night with some one-on-one time with my parents. It was so nice to catch up and chat. Even though I speak with either my mom or dad every day on the phone, I crave that face-to-face conversation. It was a perfect way to start our weekend. 

On Saturday my brother, Jeff, and sister-in-law, Katye, had the entire family over for a cookout. Jeff smoked brats and shrimp on the Green Egg, mom made her famous potato salad, and I chipped in with some corn dip. Lunch was followed by an adorable red velvet Easter Bunny birthday cake that Katye conjured up. MMM. Everything was so good! 


The best part of the afternoon was holding, loving on, and playing with Abby, Daley, and William. They have sprouted before our eyes! 


Though I took only one picture (shame on me) of Abby dressed up in her princess dress riding on Naney's (my mom's) back, I did get a couple of short videos of the little tyke. She and I were lying on the couch and I decided to capture that moment with my iPhone. I rotated the camera to where she could see herself on the phone and she ate.it.up. 



Sunday, the entire family went to the morning Easter service at my parent's church and dined at the country club afterwards. Following lunch, the club put on an Easter egg hunt for the chil'ens. All three of the kiddos participated and all three of them won a prize! No one went home empty handed, which is a good thing when you have three babies who want what the other is holding. I managed to get a few pictures, but not nearly as much as I had hoped. Better luck next time! 










It was sad to say goodbye, but we are looking forward to our next visit. Hopefully, it will be Memorial Day weekend at the lake to not only celebrate the long holiday weekend, but also my brother Andrew's big 30th birthday! Until then, we love you family! We miss you already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code