PAGES

i don't even want to celebrate.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My 27th birthday, that is. Most people's cut-off birthday is usually the big 3-0, but I'm not most people. My cut-off was 26. With our anniversary falling three days after my birthday, I haven't really thought much about turning aging one year older. I've been too busy planning our anniversary getaway to the beach this weekend. I would say that having neighboring celebration dates is an advantage. In my case, it's matter over mind.

My dad called last week to "remind" me that my birthday was coming up. Talk about a punch to the gut. For the first time, it set in that in the approaching days I would be 27! This may sound absurd to some, but I had a mild panic attack. In my eyes, I'm old. And it's only downhill from here...

On the plus side, I get to celebrate with my hubby this weekend. At the beach. One of my favorite places on this earth. On the other plus side, double the presents or one big present! (Wishful thinking, I know). In case he is feeling generous, here are a few items that are currently on my wish list:

The Singer 160 Anniversary Edition Sewing Machine. SWOON!
Jiffy Steamer. Thanks, Brooke, for making me yearn for one!
Crimson Lake Bikini from Anthropologie.
iMo Almond Camera Strap
Longchamp 'le pliage large tote bag.
That's not all. But, that's all for now. See ya on the flip side!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Bday!!!! Love the gifts...hope you get some or (even better) ALL of them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code