PAGES

sanctuary.

Friday, November 18, 2011

I am so happy to not be working today. Thankful for this day of rest. I have suffered from a few sleepless nights this week leaving me both emotionally and physically exhausted. Do you ever have those days that you feel like you can burst into tears at the drop of a pin? Days where all you want to do is curl up in bed and drift into a careless abyss? As much as we would like to cross the threshold into this hidey-hole, we have responsibilities, accountabilities, evanescent and lifelong commitments that we must remain loyal to. Insert: the other refuge. Stillness, surrender, praise, lifted hands, worship, rest, prayer. Oh how I love this place of rejuvenation and healing of my body, soul, and Spirit where God's grace and peace are overflowing. The throne of God is our Sanctuary. It is a place where we are raised up above all our worldly trials, anxieties, and afflictions. No matter the obstacles that we face, no matter the load of our sin, no matter the sorrows of our hearts, we can find perfect peace and rest in His Presence. My prayer today is that in the midst of whatever is pulling your heart away from God, you find time to go to the Sanctuary and experience the peace of worshipping our Heavenly Father.

I want to share a song that inspired this post. It is a song that I have listened to countless times—especially during the times that I feel distant from God, times when I want to forget about my current circumstance. It never fails to ignite the longing in my heart to meet God in the Most Holy Place. Have a blessed weekend. XOXO.



Psalm 134:2 "Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code