PAGES

bambi.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I can't run from it. I can't hide from it. It's time to start accepting it. What is it? Ohhh, just the fact that I've married a hunter. I know it's not hunting season, but it is pre-hunting season in our household. John has been busy the past month finding land to lease in Kentucky, making trips, several of them, to Mark's Outdoors, driving down to Selma to check cameras and put out feed, reading hunting magazine after hunting magazine (I have one underneath my laptop as we speak), and waking up Saturday mornings to watch hunting on TV or busting out one of his hunting DVDs. Did I mention that his bow is sitting on the floor in our bedroom right now? UGH. Tacky. Like I said, it's time to accept the fact that come fall, John will be spending most of his time in the woods.

One thing that I have been thinking about a lot lately is, where am I going to put all of John's trophies that he brings home over the years?! Living in a one bedroom, one bath condo, we don't have much wall space. I also don't want our home to look like a taxidermists haven. As of now, we only have two raw skull and antlers on display in the condo. I love the masculine elegance that it brings to the home.

In the Living Room.
In the Bedroom.

HOWEVER, once we have more wall space, I am game for hanging these bad boys around the house. Here are some of my antler inspirations:

Obsessed with everything in this room! 
Via Country Living
Via Country Living
Via House Beautiful

To all my fellow hunting widows...good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code