PAGES

hooray for independence day.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The 4th of July is, hands down, my favorite holiday. For the past 15 years, my family has spent this amazing holiday weekend at our lakehouse on Lake Oconee in the quaint town of Greensboro, Georgia. This is where John and I said our vows to one another three months ago. I didn’t think my heart could grow fonder, but the memories of our wedding day in addition to the memories made during my childhood deepen my love for my family’s lakehouse and time spent there. I cherish every moment, especially those made over the 4th of July weekend. It isn't the Fourth without long boat rides, tubing wars, shrimp boils, hitting waves at full speed on the wave-runner, anchoring at "the sandbar," fireworks by boat at Great Waters, fireworks by foot at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, spritzers, lots of junk food, late night games of Spades, loud music, cooling off or deep conversations on the screened porch, trips to the LakeClub for an afternoon swim in the pool, walks to the marina, the smell of sunscreen and barbeque, floats and noodles, taking baths and washing hair in the lake, bike rides, sparklers, and my brother Andrew's famous firework show in our cove. The weekend entails lots of sun, lots of laughs, and lots of love. I am so head over heels for this weekend that I put together a special 4th of July playlist on my iPod (I'm not talking songs like Tom Petty's "American Girl." I'm talking patriotic medleys and different variations of our National Anthem. Don't judge), I wear only clothes and bathing suits that consist of red, white, or blue...or a combination of all three, and talk non-stop about how excited I am to celebrate Independence Day for weeks in advance. 

So, to celebrate the day our country gained its independence and the values on which it stands and to express my love for this festive day, I have gathered some red, white, and blue inspiration to share. I hope that these rooms and decorations rouse your patriotic side just as they did mine!  


Via House Beautiful
Via Pottery Barn
Via Southern Living
Via House Beautiful
Via Southern Living
Via Coastal Living
Via House Beautiful

I am in drooling over this room!
Via House Beautiful
God bless America and God bless you and yours this weekend. Safe travels and, of course, HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code