PAGES

farm charm.

Monday, June 27, 2011

I have a new obsession. An unattainable obsession at the moment. Or, maybe ever. But, I'm thinking that because John and I drove by two on Saturday (I usually make him drive me by when we're cruising around Mountain Brook) AND saw it again in the movie "Marley and Me" last night, it's somewhat of a sign. Meant to be? I think so. Cough. John. Cough. Yeah, in my dreams. BUT, maybe one day?! Okay, so what is this obsession you ask? A house. Not just any ole house, however. My heart yearns for the stone farmhouse, which spans the Pennsylvanian countryside. You may have taken me for more of a "Nantucket" or "Cape Cod" kinda gal, but if my amazing husband, the wonderful builder he is, could build me one style home, it would be this beaut: 









My favorite design aspect of this style home is that it has several different materials all crammed into one exterior. It is so warm and inviting. As John likes to say, "it's easy on the eye." The earthy veneer blends in with the natural beauty of the outdoors. I honestly can't say enough about this house. What is there not to love?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code