PAGES

new house glimpses: volume five.

Monday, May 2, 2016


Next up: our entry. To me, it says "home, sweet home." There are so many pieces in this little space that tell a story. The suitcase and military foot locker belonged to John's great uncle, John Robert Bryant. We inherited them, along with his coin collection. The suitcase houses boxes of film, a vintage camera, and old letters. The old milk jug was a freebie that John and I got from a house we looked at several years ago that was for sale. It was their trash, but our treasure. The gate is from John's parent's barn—with some engravings from John and a friend when they were younger. And lastly, the antique galvanized tub was a wedding gift from all of my best friend's moms; sweet women who have loved me so well.

These days, I'm all about finding places in our home to display furniture or knick knacks that bring me and mine joy...and purging the things that don't. My motto, as of late, is "less is more." Therefore, a yard sale is coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code