PAGES

serenbe.

Friday, May 8, 2015

At the beginning of May, I snuck away to Serenbe with my favorite girls, Margot, Jessica, and Katie Beth, for our Second Annual Girl's Getaway. Last year we explored Savannah, so this year we opted for a more relaxing destination. Serenbe is a sustainable community minutes from Atlanta…and you would never know! It was a little slice of heaven and just what this tired mama needed. 

Upon arrival on Friday, we dropped our bags off at the quaint Mimosa Cottage and went to The Farmhouse for afternoon tea. 






Afterwards, we rented bikes and explored the property. I am dying laughing as I write this picturing us pedaling up and down the gravel roads. Let's just say that riding a bike is not just like riding a bike. We barely survived and I think that I still have the bruises to prove it. BUT! We had an absolute blast and somehow thought it was a good idea to ride our bikes to the spa the next morning...





That night we had appetizers, dinner and drinks at The Farmhouse, the Inn's farm-to-table restaurant. It did not disappoint. 




After breakfast on Saturday we explored some more, got massages (Katie Beth and Jessica) and seaweed wraps (me and Margot) at the spa, shopped, and ate lunch at The Hil. We got news that morning that Princess (!) Charlotte made her arrival so the restaurant was offering Princess Pimm's to celebrate. Naturally we had to get one!









We headed to the pool after lunch and at 4:00, Jessica and I went horseback riding. 




My sweet horse's name was Shine and she was good to me. Thank the Lord! We ate dinner at The Farmhouse again that night and laughed until we cried. Literally. 


We took the party to the trampoline after dinner and then to Mimosa Cottage for a dance party. These girls are good for my soul. 

After breakfast on Sunday we went on a hayride and fed the animals at each stop. 




After checkout, we walked downtown for May Day, stopped by the food trucks for lunch, listened to live music, did some shopping, and finally said our goodbyes. Back to life, back to reality!



It was the BEST weekend with my girls. Time to start planning our next getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code