PAGES

snowmageddon.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Holy snow and ice. We had visions of a "light dusting" dancing around in our heads, then WHAM. Snowmageddon. Brooks and I were lucky enough to be at home on Tuesday, but others weren't as fortunate. My heart absolutely broke when the news reported that children were stranded at school or daycare, separated from their families, traffic was in a standstill, forcing people to abandon their cars on the side of the road and hike in freezing temps to the nearest shelter, and cars were crashing into other cars, ditches, and rivers. John was stuck in Inverness, his mom was stranded in Cahaba Heights, and his dad couldn't make his way out of Mountain Brook. At one point, Pops' truck slid into a ditch. He ended up having to leave his car and walk from Mountain Brook to our house in Homewood. John found a way to overcome the odds and rescue his mom and brother-in-law (plus a few others along the way), and one of his employees made his way to our home, luckily by car and not foot. Thank the Lord John eventually made his way back home to us on Tuesday night. I was worried sick all day. We are continuing to pray for all those traveling, stranded, or separated from their loved ones. 

Amidst the havoc and hurt, I wanted to make the best of our snow day and get out for some fresh air and fun. This wasn't Brooks' first rodeo with snow. I forced him out in it when he was only a month old and he was not impressed.  It was strictly for the photo op. Now that Brooks is walking and loves the great outdoors I knew that he would have a blast playing in the cold stuff. And that he did. 



























He was a little maniac running from one side of the yard to the other, slipping and falling along the way. He was in heaven. The look on his face was of wonder and pure joy. I really think that he would have played in the snow all day. Poor buddy cried when I picked him up to go inside and warm up.

And, can we talk about that hat (thank you, Uncle Drew)? Oh my. I just can't handle it. I really can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code