PAGES

campbell: one year.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Camp, my beautiful baby boy, you are one year old and today my mama heart is feeling all the emotions and it's simply wonderful, and heart-wrenching, and unraveling all at the same time. I know that I already posted about how we celebrated your birthday, but for this post, I really want to display my love for you in this chapter of our story. I didn't have the time to snap your one year pictures, but I did get a few shots with my film camera that'll do. 


Let's start with the important dates and get those out of the way…

This month, you finally became sturdy on your feet. You walked really well while holding on to our hands or while pushing the push toy. On May 24th you took your first step with your left foot. Four days later, on the 28th, you took a whopping 8 steps total. Today, you are officially walking and it won't be long until you are running. 

You also have more teeth. On the 21st ish your top left and bottom left teeth broke through.  You have several more that aren't far behind. 


…Now on to what I really want to tell you. 


Campbell Alden, we are so incredibly thankful for your precious life and are overwhelmed that you are ours. You are ours to love and ours to lead. You are ours to nurture and ours to shepherd. You are such a gift, cherished beyond measure. 


In this broken and hurting world, desperate for the Gospel of healing hope and love, we pray that you will always reach up towards your Savior, sweet boy. 


You came quickly and quietly into this world and when they placed you on my chest, my heart tripled in size…and it just keeps on growing. Oh, the joy you bring to my life! You are the missing piece to our puzzle and we cannot imagine life without you.  


You are forever my brown baby love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code