PAGES

victory.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

This past weekend we went to Auburn for the LSU game. We haven't been down there for a game in two years, so to say we were excited and really looking forward to it is an understatement! I think that we were most excited about the kids experiencing game day on the Plains and their first Auburn football game. We ended up finding 4 tickets to the game, so we were all in!

We drove down on Friday after Brooks and Ann Bennett got out of school. We spent some time visiting with the Branches, then went over to the Herrings for dinner. Spending time with my two favorite Ashleys and their families made my heart so happy!

On Saturday morning, John took Brooks down to his hunting property outside of Auburn to hang cameras and gear up for opening weekend. Ash and I had a lazy morning with AB and Coleman, then did some shopping...because I forgot to pack my d
ress! When Conner got home from work and my boys pulled up, we hopped in the truck and headed to the tailgate! The kiddos had SO much fun running around and playing, while we visited with old and new friends.



The game was a tad bit loud and overwhelming for the babies, but they still had a blast! Ann Bennett befriended the LSU fans sitting behind us and yelled "War Eagle" a time or twelve. Brooks sat on John's lap the whole time while cheering for our Tigers and eating cotton candy, hot dogs, and popcorn. We left during halftime and headed back to the Branches to put the kids down and finish the game in peace and quiet. And WOW, what a game! We ended up with a nail-biting victory!










We are already talking about coming back for the Arkansas game. I hope we can make it happen, because Brooks is already missing Coleman and I am already missing my best girls. 



These two were pooped after such an eventful weekend. 

WAR EAGLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code