PAGES

so that we can live.

Monday, March 28, 2016

I mentioned my parents and Gram coming into town last minute in my previous post, but it wasn't actually last minute. It was planned for weeks, but then sickness hit our family like a wrecking ball and the entire week leading up to their Saturday arrival, I questioned whether or not it would be good for my 94 (almost 95) year old grandmother to be around our ick. But, mom assured me on Friday that they would all be fine and luckily I woke up Saturday morning feeling much better.

It made my heart so happy to see them walk through our door that afternoon. We hadn't seen them since Christmas. It was also the first time my Gram has been to Birmingham, the first time all three have seen our new house, and the start of the glorious Easter weekend. Insert all the feels. We grilled out Saturday night. My mom and grandmother were sitting on the backporch watching John and dad pitch to Brooks, while Ann Bennett and Sybie played in the yard. It was a warm evening. The sun was still shining bright. I had the porch door open while I prepared dinner. I could hear giggles and my mom yelling, "Great hit, Brooks!" over the buzz of the vent hood fan. Then there were more giggles. As I stood at the kitchen sink, I gazed toward the window and could see the reflection of my beautiful grandmother in the french door glass.

I thought to myself, this is the life. This is what it's all about. This moment; right here, right now. My bursting heart was overcome by gratitude and love for my Savior. It is because of His sacrificial love, His death on the cross, and His resurrection, that I am able to experience and feel this moment so deeply.

He beat death so that we can LIVE.

When we sat down for dinner, I shared this revelation with my family and it moved me to tears. It moved everyone to tears. How great is our Father's love?! Thank you, Jesus, for this life.











It was the best weekend with my best people. One that I will never forget and cherish forever. My cup runneth over.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code