PAGES

slumber party.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

I am 39 weeks, 2 days today and eager to meet our little one. We are finally ready—the house is at a stopping point (we still have a few projects to complete, but the subs are no longer tracking dirt throughout the house and the port-a-potty has been hauled off), bags are packed, the car seat is installed, and we are stocked up on teensy diapers. I have marked everything off of my to-do list: prenatal massage, manicure/pedicure, get car washed, have house professionally cleaned, charge camera, stock fridge, last minute errands, and date night.

And speaking of date night, it was long-overdue and so refreshing. John and I wanted to spend an evening together without feeling rushed to get home to a sitter, so Brooks had his first slumber party on Friday night with Shug and Pops! From the pictures we got throughout the evening, it looked like our sweet boy had a blast.









Unfortunately our busy man took a spill on Saturday leaving him and mommy shaken up and in tears. B is really into running these days (and likes to tell you that he's running when he's running) and ran tripped and fell into the trim around our shower. Luckily, it didn't result in a trip to the emergency room.


He also busted his lip open yesterday.

...just in time for pictures with baby brother or sister!



Geez, I love that precious Harry Potter. Or Frankenstein?

Anywhooo, If I don't go into labor by Monday, I'll have an ultrasound that afternoon and we will go from there. I have had some serious cramping and contractions over the last couple of days, but no dice. I'm praying that I go into labor on my own within the next week, but we shall see!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you!!! Cannot wait to hear. Whit took a spill around this exact age which did result in a few stitches for him but it is so scary! Now I know there will be a million blood stains in my future! He is still cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code