PAGES

xx or xy?

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

John and I are only 9 DAYS away from finding out whether our sweet baby is a boy or a girl! I had my 18 week appointment on Monday and it went very well. While I have gained a good bit of extra poundage (12 pounds total to be exact), Doc says that I am right on track and that the weight gain should slow down in these next few weeks. Let's just say, it better. I asked her if my belly size was "normal" because my little inny is slowly starting to turn into an outy and I'm feeling quite large. Fortunately, my belly is measuring at 18 weeks so that made me feel better. I am officially showing and you know what? It's a good feeling. No--it's a great feeling.

I also got to hear Baby Bryant's heartbeat on the Fetal Doppler. It was music to my ears. While it is so amazing listening to that strong heartbeat, I really cannot wait to actually see our baby. It has been 12 weeks since we last saw the little nugget. And at that time, that is exactly what it looked like...a chicken nugget. I scheduled our 20 week ultrasound for Friday, July 27 at 9:15 a.m. My heart is dancing in anticipation.
Is our baby a boy or a girl? I honestly do NOT know! At this point I am completely torn. I have days where I have that "gut instinct" that Baby Bryant is a boy, but then I have days that I am convinced that there is a little petunia dancing around in there. Either way, our hearts will be so full.

The countdown begins...

1 comment:

  1. OMG I can't wait to find out! It will be SO exciting! Let me know immediately!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code