PAGES

beach bunnies.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Last Wednesday, I was Panama City Beach bound for the "Semanson Family Annual Beach Trip," which has been postponed the last three years because of the buns in my sister-in-law's oven. Luckily this year, Katye sans babies in her belly and Jeff yearning for a vacation at the beach, my brother and his wife were both feeling adventurous and packed up all three offspring, each under the age of two, and everything that accompanies them (can you imagine?!) and drove down to the coast. My wonderful and generous in-laws let my family use their beach house in Carillon Beach for the entire week. Mom and dad had the house to themselves Monday and Tuesday for a little R&R, Jeff, Katye, Abby, William, Daley, and myself joined the party on Wednesday, and John arrived on Thursday. Unfortunately, my brother Andrew could not make it. Note to self: don't adopt a puppy any time soon. We had a great time relaxing on the beach, taking walks, playing in the pool, driving around on the golf cart, eating delicious seafood (and donuts), and above all else, loving on the babies. It has only been one day since I've held them and I miss them already! Although I did not take any pictures of the family or document our vacation...shame, shame...I did get some pictures of the little ones throughout the week. 

With this trip being Abby's first visit to the beach I wanted to be sure to capture her reaction to the ocean and the sand. She is the epitome of a water baby and worships the pool so we were interested to see what she would think of the beach. To sum it up, she LOVED it. What she didn't love was the fact that she had to hold our hands. She wanted to jump right in and do her own thing. The fact that the waves overpowered her did not phase her one bit! Such a courageous two-year old! 




"There is a lot more sand here than there is in my sandbox!"
"Hurry up and take my swim shoes off daddy! I'm ready to put my toes in the water!"
Her face when she started to get close to the ocean.
She loves it!
"Splash, splash!"

Playtime at the beach!


William was fascinated by the sand, but preferred the shade, just like his daddy. Daley wasn't sure if she liked the beach or not. She is a hot/cold child, to put it mildly. I did manage to take a few pictures of her playing in the ocean before she started crying and wanted out.


 

Here are a few more pictures of naptime and playtime: 


Nothing more precious than a sleeping baby...
Abby wearing her Mama's flip flops. 

The little Ham we all know and love!

Smiles from Day Day!

Twinkies.


I am so thankful to be a part of one of my nieces' and nephew's firsts—experiencing the beach and all that it has to offer. I am also thankful for the memories made this past week with my family. Thank you mom and dad for a great family vacation. I cannot wait until next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code