PAGES

and so it begins.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Those of you who know me, know that I love to write. My favorite subject in grade school was English. I spent hours during my childhood writing short stories. I majored in English at Auburn. Yet, here I am, at the ripe age of twenty-six, working as a legal assistant at a debt collection law firm entering judgments and hearing dates day in and day out...not doing what I enjoy most...writing. When I was introduced to blogland, it captivated me. But, I thought to myself, "who in the world would want to read about me?!" I am certainly not special. That is, not special in a good way. However, now that I am married and am no longer of the singular kind, my life has become much more interesting. So, after some persuasion from the hubs, I am officially a blogger.

I am extremely detail oriented. It took me 350 days to plan our wedding and I probably could have used another 25. I spent the last 24 hours before the wedding stamping welcome bags and painting signs that frankly, no one even noticed. Where am I going with this? The blog name. I thought long and hard about this one. There are two things that I love very much in this world: John (the husband) and Ray LaMontagne. One of my favorite Ray songs is "Forever My Friend." There is specifically one verse in this song that moves me time and time again.

I just think if we keep our hearts together
just think if we build on this trust that we have for one another
baby, we can make this last a lifetime.

It's quite fitting. Especially now that John and I have made a covenant to love and trust in one another for the rest of our lives. So, there you have it. I hope that you enjoy reading our blog as much as I enjoy writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code