PAGES

film camp.

Monday, August 12, 2019

Film Camp: a long weekend spent with strangers, learning about all things film that turned into a trip of a lifetime. How do I even sum it up? 

Let me just start by saying, two photography friends (whom I had never met) encouraged me to sign up on a whim. Going to a camp of any sort was totally out of my comfort zone. This one was super pricey and across the country. I was extremely apprehensive, but once I met my friend Jessica in Atlanta all my nerves subsided. When we landed in Oregon, we met two other friends at the airport, rented a car, and drove into Portland for lunch. After lunch, we high-tailed it to the house where we would be staying for the weekend. The drive through the national forest (and the house!) took my breath away! 





Everyone I met was just so darn sweet. Friends from Richard Photo Lab and Kodak Professional were there for a little Q&A during our welcome dinner. Which, by the way, was delicious! 


It was a super long day of travel, so I called it an early night. I wanted to be well rested for the next day!

On Friday morning, we listened to Jennifer Lawrence's lecture then headed to Cannon Beach for her shoot.  


We were able to sight-see for a bit and grab an afternoon snack. 




Then we hit the beach for our shoot! 




Cannon Beach was so surreal and beautiful. I can officially say that I've been to where The Goonies was filmed! We ate lunch then headed back to the house for Savan's shoot. 



(Yes, we had to hike up that sand mountain). But, it was totally worth it.






Let's just say, God felt very real up top that hill. Look at these stunning views!

The next morning, Kim taught on indoor flash and we had the most amazing motherhood shoot. 


That afternoon Julie showed us how to make film soup. 


We ordered in pizza for our final night and sat around the campfire, reminiscing about all that we learned and the amazing, lifelong friendships we made. 



I am just so darn grateful John encouraged me to go. It filled my heart and creative cup to the brim! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code